Wednesday 16 September 2015

Review | D'Fluff Shaving Foam By Lush


Lush has been one of my all time favourite brands for a long time. I love how their products are handmade and they are also against animal testing. As a vegetarian I sometimes find it difficult finding products that I can ethically use, however, with Lush, all of their products are 100% vegetarian and they also have a range of vegan suitable products also.

D'Fluff Shaving Foam
I have just returned from holiday abroad and one of my friends had this exact product, which I thought really caught my eye. It was the D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Cream. Now I have tried millions of different products for hair removal and my skin usually reacts badly to them (and I always come up in a horrible, itchy, painful rash!). To be fair, I didn't doubt this product for a second because I've always had wonderful outcomes with Lush Cosmetics, so I was not reluctant to pay for this.


Available in stores or online
Right, now on to the actual product itself! The particular one I picked up was the strawberry flavour, which has that stereotypical 'lush smell' mixed with a slight hint of strawberries. Compared to the artificial store brand smells, this isn't as fruity, however, theres something about this smell that feels clean to me which I really like. I you don't think this scent is for you, they do have other options which may be more appealing. It has a pale pink pastel colour to it (I personally don't think colour is that important but hey ho it looks good) The texture at first is a very soft mousse, which feels moisturising on the skin which then melts slightly when at body temperature. When rubbed into the skin it will slightly foam and sud, which makes it easier to actually shave with. This product is such high quality that it gives the closest and smoothest shave without cutting or nipping at my skin which is why I will definitely repurchase this again.

Bring back 5 pots or tubes for a free face mask
The pot that I purchased was £5.75 for 70g which I feel is a good size to start out with, incase you don't feel as strongly as I do about this shaving cream (which probably won't happen, lets face it), but if you enjoy this product, you can buy a pot which cost £9.95 for 150g. In addition, Lush do a scheme  where if you bring back 5 empty and clean pots or tubes (which has its little logo/label on) you get a free face mask. I think this is a pretty cool way to ensure they recycle even more of their packaging (which is already 100% recycled!) Let me know what you think of this product if you already have it and any suggestions for what I should try next.



















0 comments:

Share

Twitter