Thursday 6 June 2013

Review | EasyWax Roll- on from Veet

Confessions of a first time waxer.

The Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On from Veet is a product that I was sent to try out. This was sent to me by this company here which sends you out various products to try and review which you then 'Bzz' about. At first I was quite excited as this was something I had never used before. However, ever sceptical before I tried it out I looked up reviews online where I found a very 50:50 mix of opinions.  


The kit that I received contained:

  •  The heating system device which comes with a lid
  • A stand to hold the device on 
  • Electrical cable to heat up the device
  • 12 wax strips
  • 4 'perfect finish wipes'
  • Arms and Legs wax
  • Instruction leaflet 

I was then gifted with an additional package which contained:
  • Bikini and Underarms wax 
  • 12 wax strips
  • 4 'perfect finish wipes'
  • Instruction leaflet

My first issue with this product was that it did not take 20 minutes to heat up like it had claims to, instead mine took between 40-45. I found this rather irritating as it wasn't the fact that it takes said amount of time to heat up but that the instructional time was really far off the actual heating time. I tested this product out twice on myself and once on two other friends and every time it took approximately 40 minutes to be ready. My second dilemma with this product was that the 'perfect finishing wipes were not very good at all. I found them to not work post waxing and that they just created a greasy mess which made the clearly up process a lot more daunting. I think the idea of the wipes were a good idea however I felt they were non beneficial when I used them. My final issue with this product is the amount of wax strips it contains. I think every review I have seen has said this too but considering the you get on average 4 sessions with the wax, I think 3 strips per session is not enough, especially if you have thicker hair like mine you tend to use up the wax strips fairly quickly, even when re-using them. 


Refill can be purchased here for £9.99
Refill can be purchased here for £9.99















Going with the phrase 'There's a Silver Lining to Every Cloud' I did find that this product worked well except for the odd stubborn hairs that just would not come out (ouch!). I found that I didn't need to remove hair on my legs for a good week or so which is a very nice change compared to having to shave every other day. I found that the holder that was provided in the kit came very useful in between waxing as it meant no carpet or flooring was ruined in the process. For some reason I had an idea that the wax would have some sort of off putting smell to it. In all honesty it smelt like a hot glue gun but it was not strong at all which I was pleasantly surprised with.


Strips and Wipes






If you are interested in buying this product there is a 50% off discount code [ EASYWAX4 ] when purchasing the product from amazon here up until June 30 2013.





I'm not going to lie to you and say that it was painless, because compared to shaving it bloody hurt! But saying this, the pain was bearable and the results were good. I recommend you try this out if you already haven't because it actually is worth it if you have the pain tolerance and patience. 



Happy waxing!




0 comments:

Share

Twitter