Wednesday 5 June 2013

Review | Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation



It is no surprise that I am talking about this foundation as it is one of those beauty essentials that bloggers rave about daily. I was in boots one day (one of the rare times I get off) and I saw this was on an offer so I decided to purchase it. The Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation retails at £6.99 and is available in both Boots and Superdrug. Available in 11 different shades I think this foundation is quite a versatile and approachable product. 


This product itself is in the shade ' 100 ivory ' which I have found to be a perfect match for my current skin colour. This product also contains SPF 18 in it which for a high street foundation I think is quite the added bonus for the price you are paying. This product is packaged in a glass container and has a pump applicator which I find helps you to be able to know how much of the product you are using and how heavy it will apply to your face - I typically use one pump on an average day. One thing I immediately noticed about this foundation is the smell. It reminds me of sun cream your mum would slather on you as a child when you went to the beach or zoo. 
I found that due to my dry/combination skin it made this foundation a bit controversial. When my skin is moisturised and smooth this foundation works like a dream. For a nice, flawless medium coverage it works extremely well for a drug store foundation. However, if at any point I had dry skin (tends to be my forehead and nose) then this product would make my skin look flakey and the dryness would stand out even more than if I was to not wear any foundation at all. I really have to find a good moisturiser to pair with this product to make it work to its potential, however, I am glad I have purchased this and I will continue to use it. I found that this product only really does a successful light to medium coverage and when trying to build into a heavier foundation it tends to give off a cakey look to it, however, that is personally for my skin type. 

Tell me what you guys think of this product and how it worked for your skin shade/type?




0 comments:

Share

Twitter